Creating the Master Teacher Proficiency vs. Growth Through Interactive Notebooks is a course that takes deep intellectual dives into the participant’s holistic academic environment using interactive notebooks as the primary vehicle of instruction and learning. This course requires participants, to critique academic and practical approaches to growth and fixed mindset ideologies. Course participants will explore and expand on their own understandings of proficiency and growth, why they are respectively important, and all parties subsequently affected by them.
This six-week course will encourage educators to see beyond the borders of their classroom environments into the larger scheme of academic progress. It will also distinguish between proficiency and growth, and the roles both play in every aspect of education. Equally important, will be the strong support for the inclusion of interactive notebooks during learning.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Create an interactive notebook tailored to their subject / academics needs
- Accurately define proficiency and growth, and their connection to their interactive notebook
- Juxtapose proficiency and growth and the effectiveness of interactive notebooks.
- Track students’ performance and progress through their interactive notebook
- Accommodate multiple learning styles at one time in the physical and flipped classrooms.
- Create a teacher and student survey
- Write a reflection on the master teacher, and interactive notebook sessions
All educators and administrative staff in Ras Al Khaimah schools are eligible.
Mode of Delivery
This course is bilingual, delivered in Arabic and English. Blended Learning – The face-to-face sessions (subject to government’s Covid-19 SOP) will be held at the Al Qasimi Foundation offices, 3rd Floor Training Room, RAK Gas Building, Al Nakheel (opposite the Hilton Hotel).