This five-week course is designed to explore the need to incorporate UNSDG’s in all aspects of language learning as vital for a collaborative and cooperative space in the post-Covid-hybrid environment. The goals are to be met by 2030 in resonance with the UAE’s National Agenda. The course will address the pressing need to create holistic language teachers, who will incorporate the need to align curricular to that of climate resilience and literacy, yet not limited to them.
Multiple conferences, webinars and other knowledge spaces have expressed deep concern at the lack of foresight when it comes to implementing the SDG’s in language classrooms. This has resulted in a lack of understanding the real world, which again requires our critical thinking to escalate beyond educational spaces. The course will align the purpose of our voices as human beings of planet Earth using our time to make a difference.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding the Sustainable Development Goals and the need to align them with the UAE’s National Agenda
- Analyse the deconstruction and reconstruction process in ELT
- Personalise their UN SDG classroom
- Implement Project-Based Learning and UNSDG’s in a LSRW class
- Co-create ‘sustainable’ classrooms-Personalise and Pilot
All educators of English language in Ras Al Khaimah schools are eligible.
Mode of Delivery