This five-week course is designed to provide educators with an in-depth understanding of the impact of Covid-19 on education in the UAE and the implementation of distance learning in UAE schools. It will explore suitable distance learning approaches, effective use of various online tools, roles and responsibilities of all educational stakeholders. The course is hands on and will provide teachers with a variety of tools and strategies embedded within the course material, which they could use within their online classrooms. Participants will interact with their own school curriculum, school policies, adapt and modify them to suit online and distance learning implementation.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Highlight the differences between blended learning and distance learning
- Analyze the essential elements of distance learning
- Explore factors to consider when creating a plan of action
- Experiment with online tools that support teaching and active learning (4c’s and other 21st century skills)
- Explore online formative assessment resources
- Analyze expectations and parental support
All educators in Ras Al Khaimah schools are eligible.
Mode of Delivery
This course is bilingual, delivered in Arabic and English. Blended Learning – The face-to-face sessions (subject to government’s Covid-19 SOP) will be held at the Al Qasimi Foundation offices, 3rd Floor Training Room, RAK Gas Building, Al Nakheel (opposite the Hilton Hotel).