This course is a series of four interrelated workshops designed to educate and train educators, teachers and anyone whoever has an interest in professional development on one of the most important educational strategies, “Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning (POGIL)” that seeks to help students develop collaboration, communication, and management skills as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
At the end of this course, trainees will:
- Evaluate the fundamental principles of POGIL
- Understand the effectiveness of POGIL methodology
- Examine several benefits of POGIL aside from learning course content within a classroom with our hands-on activities
- Convey how content/academic gains are not “sacrificed” in a POGIL classroom
- Develop and improve important learning skills such as information processing, communication, critical thinking, problem solving and metacognition and assessment
- Design many POGIL activities and incorporate them into existing curriculum as learning tools