Traditionally, career counsellors tend to focus on university applications. However, with high youth unemployment rates globally, it is essential that young people are provided with quality guidance that will provide competitive employment for them in the country of their choice.
This six-week workshop will enable Career counsellors increase their knowledge, awareness of career development and support their abilities by merging theory and practice to leverage quality guidance for their students.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding strategies that increase student engagement for career development
- Harness their knowledge, awareness of career development and how to implement theory into practice with middle and secondary school students
- Apply knowledge learnt to plan and implement parental participation in career guidance for students at their school
- Design/create career education lessons/conversations that will be embedded into teachers’ lessons
- Demonstrate understanding employability skills (soft and hard), and how to prepare students for competitive employment opportunities
- Engage professionals in career guidance to support students with future career discovery
All career counsellors, school leaders and educators in Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates middle and secondary schools
Mode of Delivery
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!