In partnership with the Al Qasimi Foundation, Class Of Your Own® will offer new DEC teachers the opportunity of a five-day training programme on how to deliver DEC CONNECT Awards. The five-day training courses will be delivered by UK based and experienced DEC teachers.
Design Engineer Construct!® (DEC) is a project-based approach which applies pure academic subjects to the latest construction industry practices, and the result is young people with real-world practical experience and employability skills. Students work their way through an online workbook, develop knowledge and skills by undertaking a sustainable building project and, through the complementary workshops, have guaranteed face to face engagement with industry professionals.
It is an accredited learning programme for secondary-school age students and has been expertly developed to create and inspire the next generation of Built Environment professionals.
There is little understanding of Built Environment professions and few young people aspire to a career in this important sector of Ras Al Khaimah, the UAE and global economy. By getting involved with DEC schools and industry can educate the future of construction and change the lives of young people.
Upon completion of the course teachers will receive a TQUK endorsed certificate, all the necessary materials and resources to deliver the DEC CONNECT Awards and unrestricted access to the DEC Global Teacher Network (online support).
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand DEC and the DEC CONNECT Awards Overview
- Discuss and allocate project team roles and responsibilities
- Develop a digital model or range of sketches of the proposal that meet the design brief
- Create a series of drawings conveying the final proposal including a site plan, elevations and floor plans
- Plan and deliver a 10-minute presentation to an audience
- Produce a written project report
- Create a physical scale model
- Experiment with Visualizations and rendering via Technology
All educators in Ras Al Khaimah schools are eligible. There are many opportunities for cross curricular learning including explicit opportunities for Math, English and Science as well as for other aspects of the wider curriculum such as PHSE.
Mode of Delivery
This course is bilingual, delivered in Arabic and English. Open Online