This course is a series of five workshops, in which trainees will learn how to design more effective educational activities using games and gamification. It will cover topics like traditional games, role-playing games (RPGs), tabletop games, LEGO, digital and videogames. There will be a specific focus on social and educational games. It will also introduce participants to concepts and models of game design, providing them with the full experience of designing a game.
A very hands-on approach is what this course will offer, combining elements of theory, group work and discussion with experiential phases in which participants will have an opportunity to design their own games and learn from direct experience.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding what game-based learning is and how to confidently apply it in class
- Distinguish between various kinds of games; Identify principles and definitions of game design
- Discover strategies to foster students’ motivation and creativity using games
- Find the best tools and products for educational games in your class
- Design entirely new game-based activities
- Create lesson plans based on digital game-based learning
All school educators in Ras Al Khaimah and across the United Arab Emirates
Mode of Delivery