Learning Experience Design (LX Design) is the process of creating learning experiences which enable learners to achieve desired learning outcomes in a human-centered and goal-oriented manner. Designing learning experience is rooted in the blending of many design disciplines within the field of learning. The main design principles used in LXD come from interaction design, user experience design, experience design, graphic design, and game design. These design principles are combined with elements of education, training and development, instructional design, cognitive psychology, experiential learning, educational sciences, and neuroscience.
This five-week course will therefore, highlight the need for teachers to develop their skills in designing educational experiences for their students in accordance with the best practices in the field of design and education. As the field of design is developing remarkably and rapidly based on modern technologies, so has it become necessary to link these technologies with the field of teaching and learning. This program will therefore, expound on best practices in designing rich educational experiences using modern technology approved for educational and pedagogical foundations.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding the concept of designing educational experiences and recognise its key elements
- Enhance students’ attention and implement motivation strategies
- Explore multimedia technology in designing educational experiences to enhance learning
- Use augmented reality technologies, educational games and simulations to improve learning
- Promote the principles of social learning
- Implement learning transfer and practice mechanisms
All school leaders and educators in Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates
Mode of Delivery