This five-week training workshop covers the four standards (professional and ethical behavior, professional development, professional practices, and professional knowledge) intended to be a set of values, knowledge, and attitudes that teachers possess to determine the level of proficiency and quality in education and represents a large part of the competence of teachers.
It is impossible to separate cognitive aspects from the rest of the other skills and emotional aspects because all are impacted by the level of experience and culture of the teacher.
This training program has been developed with the aim of enabling teachers in public and private schools to demonstrate professional competencies that are in line with the aspirations of the UAE vision along with international best practices
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate the various factors that affect the physical safety, comfort, and emotional security of learners
- Plan and implement lessons that engage learners, encourage personal responsibility for learning, develop their independence and creativity, and improve their level of achievement
- Apply knowledge generated from reflection and self-assessment in relation to appropriate internal and external professional standards
- Identify and explore strategies for engaging colleagues in professional discussions with the aim of creating consistent understanding of professional standards
- Demonstrate how they will integrate knowledge of the UAE’s heritage and culture into teaching and learning activities, and implement policies and procedures that promote appreciation of the country’s heritage and culture
- Integrate their knowledge of personal and cognitive development stages into their teaching and learning experiences
- Highlight the distinct teaching strategies embodied in lesson plans and relate them to relevant theories
All school leaders and educators in Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates
Mode of Delivery