The “Hybrid English Language Classroom” course is a four-week course designed to promote teachers’ use of the blended approach to teaching and learning of English language. In other wards for teachers to maintain a good balance between face-to-face and online lessons as they deliver effective lessons to their learners and strengthen learner autonomy.
Educators of English language will be able to enhance their teaching practice and skills in both face-to-face classrooms and online platforms with vast interactive and engaging activities as well as very meaningful discussions which benefit both new and already experienced teachers in the field. This course will provide teachers with opportunities to explore the benefits and challenges of the blended learning approach, different digital technologies, and encourage meaningful discussions and collaborations.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Research and exploit different platforms and create or curate resources and deliver live lessons
- Discuss challenges that one might face in using the above platforms, and how to overcome these challenges
- Explore digital equipment, tools and resources needed for online teaching
- Plan and deliver effective online receptive and productive skills lessons
- Collaborate, discuss, share ideas and resources with the learning community
All educators of English language in Ras Al Khaimah schools are eligible.
Mode of Delivery
This is an online self-paced course delivered in English.